Terms and Conditions
The Gunpowder Plot: The Immersive Experience is produced by Layered Reality™ (“the Company”). Layered Reality™ is a trading name of Gunpowder Immersive Ltd. By purchasing a ticket for this experience via the Layered Reality™ website, box office or third party website, you accept the Terms & Conditions Of Entry. Entry to the experience is deemed acceptance of the Terms & Conditions Of Entry and you thereby expressly accept the risks associated and participate at your own risk. The Terms & Conditions Of Entry do not create any rights or obligations enforceable by or against anyone other than the Company and you.
TICKETS AND BOOKING
Our performances are priced according to demand. The sooner you book the less your tickets will cost, and you can save money by choosing less busy days. You’ll get the biggest discount if you book early, and we promise our ticket prices will never go down after they go on sale.
Standard tickets prices:
Child (10-15yrs): Save £10 per ticket
Groups 10+: Save £5 per ticket
VIP tickets: £110 - £90
Bookings may be subject to booking fees which will be indicated to you prior to completing an order.
Tickets are sold per person.
The price paid at the time of booking is final and non-negotiable. The Company reserves the right to amend ticket prices at any time, without prior notice.
Payment cards used to purchase tickets will be charged on the same date of the order.
Guests must ensure they check that the information contained in the ticket order confirmation is accurate.
If you haven’t received a ticket confirmation, please check your spam/junk folder as it can sometimes end up in there. If you still can’t find it, please email us at [email protected].
The saving for Groups 10+ is not available on Saturdays.
EXCHANGES, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Our Flexible Exchange Policy lets you change your tickets anytime up until 5pm the day before your experience by paying an £8 exchange fee per ticket. Simply contact us and we'll email you a gift voucher (minus the fee), so you can rebook when you're ready.
Please note tickets are non-refundable. Separate terms apply for Group Bookings.
For exchanges guests must contact our Guest Services team at [email protected] by 5pm the day before their experience to request a gift voucher. Any requests received after this time will not be processed.
The Flexible Exchange Policy is only available on orders booked directly via this website and therefore is not applicable to bookings made through third party ticket companies.
In the event of any disruption or cancellation to the experience, guests will be offered a gift voucher of the same value to visit the experience again at a later date.
In the event that the experience is temporarily closed due to force majeure, guests will be offered a gift voucher of the same value to visit the experience upon re-opening.
The Company does not accept any responsibility for the resulting costs of any related travel, accommodation or other charges incurred around your visit.
The Company reserves the right not to issue any refunds.
The experience includes multiple effects which include total darkness, virtual reality, motion simulators, uneven surfaces, confined spaces, air blasts, strobe lighting, latex, sudden loud noises, live actors, fog, scent and temperature changes. This combination of effects is designed to immerse guests in the experience and is intended to be impactful.
This experience may not be suitable for:
- Guests under the age of 12.
- Guests who are pregnant.
- Guests who suffer from high blood pressure, heart conditions, asthma, epilepsy or back/neck conditions.
- Guests who are blind or visually impaired.
- Guests with mobility issues.
- Guests prone to motion sickness.
- Guests with nyctophobia (fear of the dark).
- Guests with acrophobia (fear of heights).
- Guests who are of a nervous disposition.
- Guests who suffer from breathing or respiratory problems, such as allergies.
- Guests with any type of medical condition affecting the senses of smell, vision, or hearing.
- Guests with sensitivities to scent, loud noises, or flashing lights.
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Some participants may suffer from a loss of balance, headaches, musculoskeletal pain, dizziness, problems caused by jets of air, fog effects or scents, and in some cases, epilepsy-like symptoms, during or after the experience.
Some scenes will require guests to bend down whilst walking or crawling. There are alternative routes for guests who do not wish to participate in certain physical activities.
If you normally wear glasses it is recommended you wear them for this experience or use contact lenses. The VR headsets are fully adjustable to accommodate glasses. If you wear hearing aids, please let our team know and they will assist you with positioning the VR headsets.
If you have any questions or concerns during the experience, please speak to a member of our team so they can help you or suggest alternative options. You can contact us before you arrive via email at [email protected]
The Gunpowder Plot contains themes of swearing, violence, torture, murder, death, terrorism and religious discrimination.
The experience is classified as 12A so adult supervision is required. Children under 16yrs will require parent/guardian consent via the waiver prior to admission and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Guests are admitted to the venue subject to a condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched.
All guests are required to complete a waiver before entering the experience.
The minimum recommended age is 12yrs and manufacturer guidelines recommend that VR headsets are suitable for children 12yrs+. All children under 16yrs will require written parental consent prior to admission. Parents take full liability and responsibility for children under 16yrs inside the experience.
Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult aged 18+. Guests failing to provide acceptable forms of identification may be refused admission without a refund.
The Company reserves the right to ask for proof of age prior to serving any alcohol, and to refuse to serve alcohol to anyone who appears to be underage.
Only food and drinks purchased within the venue can be consumed on the premises. Food, drinks or chewing gum are not permitted inside the experience.
Smoking on the premises (including the use of e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited.
Guests arriving later than their scheduled ticket time will be refused admission without a refund.
Lockers are available at the venue to store any bags or loose articles. Personal belongings are stored at the owners risk and the company will not be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Guests are advised to wear comfortable clothing and sensible footwear. High heels or open toed shoes must not be worn.
All electronic equipment must be switched off or otherwise disabled whilst inside the experience. Guests are, however, permitted to use mobile phones during the interval.
The use of photographic or recording equipment of any kind is strictly prohibited in the experience. The Company reserves the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and any guests who are suspected of making recordings may be removed from the experience without a refund.
Forms of light are not permitted inside the experience, this includes laser pointers and torches.
To enter Virtual Reality (‘VR’) guests must wear a headset, which will block their view of the real location, and headphones that will prevent hearing the outside world.
VR experiences can be very realistic and create different levels of emotions. Guests can get scared, feel unsafe, unsure of their surroundings, or made to jump.
Parents take full responsibility for children under 16yrs using the VR equipment. Manufacturer guidelines recommend that VR headsets are suitable for children 12yrs+.
If you experience any problems or issues with the VR please raise your hand. If you feel unwell or experience any discomfort during the VR please remove your headset.
In the event of a fire alarm the system will shut down immediately. If this happens, guests should remove the headset and take instructions from our team members.
By using the VR equipment voluntarily guests assume all of the physical, psychological, and financial risks associated with the use of VR equipment.
If you have any questions before you arrive, please email our Guest Services team at [email protected]
SAFETY & SECURITY
Guests must walk forwards at all times and always follow instructions by the actors. Guests must not stop or move backwards unless instructed to do so by the actors. Guests must not run inside the experience at any time, or for any reason.
The actors may use language that some guests may find offensive. Guests must not swear at the actors for any reason.
The actors may make physical contact with guests as part of the experience. This may include contact to hands, arms, shoulders, legs or the top of the head. Guests must not touch the actors for any reason.
Guests must not remove anything from the experience, this includes props and sets.
The climbing of sets, walls, doors or props is not permitted unless directed to do so.
Anyone failing to comply with instructions and ignoring safety warnings given either by signage, or verbally by a team member, may result in being removed from the experience without a refund.
In the event of inappropriate behaviour, guests may be liable to pay for the cost of repairing any damage caused to the property, equipment, contents, sets or grounds of the experience.
Anyone found to be in possession of alcohol, or who appear to be intoxicated may be refused admission or be removed from the experience without a refund.
Any behaviour such as shouting, drunkenness, violence or abusive conduct which may constitute an annoyance to other guests or team members is prohibited.
Anyone displaying lewd, offensive or threatening behaviour to other guests or team members may be removed from the experience without a refund.
Naked flames of any kind are strictly forbidden inside the experience. This includes, but is not limited to, matches, lighters and sparklers.
The possession or use of illegal drugs is strictly forbidden. Offenders will be removed from the experience without a refund and may be subject to prosecution.
The possession of full head masks, imitation/actual weaponry or other item to cause damage or injury to persons or property is strictly forbidden.
The misuse of, or interference with equipment or devices which are there in the interests of safety is a criminal offence. Offenders will be removed from the experience without a refund and may be subject to prosecution.
The Company reserves the right to refuse admission and/or remove guests from the experience, at its own discretion, any guest failing to comply with the Terms & Conditions Of Entry.
The Company will endeavour to ensure the experience is open for guests during normal operating hours. However, the Company reserves the right, at its own discretion, whether for safety reasons, mechanical breakdown, operational reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to close the experience or any part of it.
The Company reserves the right to evacuate the experience in the event of an emergency, irrespective of whether it is a genuine emergency or not. In this event, the Company does not accept any liability for any delay or cancellation nor is it liable to refund part or all of the ticket.
The Company accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to persons or property, however sustained, on its premises and shall in no circumstances be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense or any consequential or indirect loss or damage of any kind.
From time to time the Company may cancel experiences without notice and shall in no circumstances be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense or any consequential or indirect loss or damage of any kind.
The Company cannot be liable in any way for the acts or omissions of others. However, the Company does not seek to exclude its liability to guests for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other liability which cannot be lawfully excluded or limited. Guest statutory rights are not affected.
The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice.
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO RECORDING
From time to time the Company and other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording within the experience, which may feature guests. Entry to the experience is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions and you therefore agree that the Company or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever.
You further agree that copyright on these materials rests with the Company or such authorised party (as the case may be). Any pictures and/or recordings of any kind are owned by the Company. If you have any objections to being filmed or recorded please speak to a member of our team before entering the experience.
CCTV is in operation across the venue for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety.
GIFT VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Gift Vouchers are treated as cash until exchanged for tickets and add-ons. Lost or stolen vouchers cannot be replaced.
Gift Voucher quantities should be checked immediately upon receipt of order confirmation. Any discrepancies must be notified to us straight after the point of sale.
Gift Vouchers are valid for all public dates/times available online (excluding special events).
Gift Vouchers can be exchanged for tickets and add-ons by processing your order via our website (gunpowderimmersive.com) and using the code provided to you at the checkout.
Gift Vouchers can only be used when purchasing tickets and add-ons online to The Gunpowder Plot, London and cannot be used against on-site purchases during your visit.
Gift Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash and cash refunds will not be given for tickets or add-ons purchased with this voucher.
The re-sale of Gift Vouchers is strictly prohibited.
Gift Vouchers will expire 12 months after the date of purchase.
Sales of Gift Vouchers are made, managed and fulfilled by the Company.
The Company reserves the right to withdraw the Gift Voucher service without prior notice.
Purchasing Gift Vouchers signifies your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice.
1. TICKETS AND BOOKING
1.1 All bookings will be classed as provisional until full payment is received.
1.2 The price paid at the time of booking is final and non negotiable. The company reserves the right to amend ticket prices at any time, and without prior warning.
1.3 Groups that require exclusivity will be charged £45 for any empty space in each timeslot. The Gunpowder Plot accommodates 16 people per timeslot.
1.4 It is the responsibility of the Client to confirm the details of the booking to all relevant parties and advise on the inclusions of the selected packages booked.
1.5 Food pre-orders are required at least two weeks prior to the event date or within 24 hours if a booking is made within two weeks of the event date. Pre-booked food relates to a specific group booking and cannot be transferred to a different/future booking.
1.6 All guests are required to complete a Terms & Conditions of Entry waiver before entering the experience.
1.7 It is the responsibility of the Client to confirm the suitability of the experience with all relevant parties. An Access Guide and Content Warnings can be found on the experience website here: https://gunpowderimmersive.com/plan-your-visit/accessibility/
1.8 It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure all relevant parties in the group arrive on time for their experience. Guests arriving later than their scheduled ticket time may be refused admission without a refund.
2.1 Payment can be made by card, bank transfer or PayPal. Directions on how to pay will be included within the invoice.
2.2 The full balance of the booking is required within one week of receiving the event invoice or within 24 hours if a booking is made within two weeks of the event date.
2.3 All group bookings are subject to a £2.50pp booking fee. This will be included in the price quoted.
2.4 The Gunpowder Fuse, Gunpowder Spark, and Gunpowder Flame packages have a 10% service charge included in the price quoted.
2.5 Any additional products or services that have not been quoted for in the original proposal must be paid for by the Client on the day of the event.
3. EXCHANGES, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
3.1 In the event a Client wishes to exchange or cancel their booking, our policy is as follows:
- Exchanges 31 days or more prior to the event - 10% admin fee to exchange the booking to a new date (within 6 months of the original date).
- Cancellations 31 days or more prior to the event - 75% refund.
- Cancellations 30 days or less prior to the event - 50% refund.
- Cancellations 14 days or less prior to the event - non-refundable.
3.2 In the event of any disruption or cancellation to the experience, Clients will be offered a gift voucher of the same value to visit the experience again at a later date.
3.3 In the event that the experience is temporarily closed due to force majeure, Clients will be offered a gift voucher of the same value to visit the experience upon re-opening.
3.4 In the event the experience is cancelled, the Company does not accept any responsibility for the resulting costs of any related travel, accommodation or other charges incurred.
*General Terms and Conditions for The Gunpowder Plot also apply. You can view these here: https://gunpowderimmersive.com/general/terms-and-conditions
These terms are in addition to other terms and conditions, and apply to Discount Code promotions found in Email or other means.
SOCIAL MEDIA £10 OFF
Your discount code is worth £10 off a minimum of 2 Standard adult tickets for standard off-peak performances and expires at 11:55pm 31 December 2023.
THE WAR OF THE WORLDS £10 OFF
Your code is valid on 2 or more adult tickets for standard performances (excluding Saturdays) and expires on the date outlined in your email.
LAYERED REALITY £10 OFF
If you received an email from the Layered Reality newsletter then these terms apply to you. Your discount code is worth £10 off a minimum of 2 Standard adult tickets for standard off-peak performances and expires on the date outlined in your email.
"HWYD Ticket Giveaway" (hereafter referred to as "HWYD Giveaway") is a promotional activity run by Layered Reality™. The outlined quiz is open to all people aged 18 and over who provide their name and email address after completing the quiz.
- Entrants into the “HWYD Giveaway” shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting your personal information you agree to receive emails from Layered Reality™ containing offers and company developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
- To enter the "HWYD Giveaway" you must complete the quiz detailed on the "HWYD Giveaway" page and submit your name and email address. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the "HWYD Giveaway", please e-mail us at supp[email protected] with "HWYD Giveaway" in the subject line.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Layered Reality™ accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The closing date of the "HWYD Giveaway" is 10:00am on 26th July 2023. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The winning draw will take place on 26th July 2023.
- The winner will receive 4 VIP tickets to The Gunpowder Plot. Tickets are subject to availability and Layered Reality™ retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The winner will be notified by email no later than 26th July 2023. If a winner does not respond to Layered Reality™ within 24 hours, then the prize will be forfeited and Layered Reality™ shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. If a winner rejects their prize or their entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and Layered Reality™ shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Layered Reality™ retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- This prize promotion is open to UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or “step” family), of The Promoter, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the prize promotion.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the "HWYD Giveaway" and the winner shall participate in such activity on Layered Reality™ reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Layered Reality™ and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the "HWYD Giveaway" for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes in any medium and across advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the "HWYD Giveaway", all entrants consent to the same.
- Layered Reality™ accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the "HWYD Giveaway" or accepting the prize.
- Layered Reality™ reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this "HWYD Giveaway" with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Layered Reality™ in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Layered Reality™ shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control or other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the "HWYD Giveaway" submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Ellipsis Entertainment Ltd is registered in England and Wales number 10711624. Registered Office: 5 Elstree Gate, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, WD6 1JD.
The "HWYD Giveaway" page can be found here.